DR. MARIAM AL JALAHMA
Appointed by His majesty the King of Bahrain, in 2015 as the Chief Executive Officer of the National Health Regularity Authority in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Member of supreme Council of Health, Member of the National Task Force for competing Covid19.
- Arab Board certificate in Family & Community Medicine in 1990
- Higher studies diploma in medical education from Dundee University in Scotland in 1994
- Diploma in Health Care Management from Royal college of surgeon in Ireland in 2000
- Assistant Undersecretary for Primary Care and Public Health 2009- 2015
- Member of the Executive Board of The Health Ministers’ Council for GCC States 2009- 2016,
- Advisor for the world health organization in the fields of Adolescents and Non communicable diseases (NCDs). 2009-2015
- Member of Academic accreditation Committee of the supreme council for Higher education in 2016-2018.
- A member of the Sura Council in 2000, and a member of the National Institute for Human rights.
Honorees & medals
- The Nelson Mandela Award by the world health organization 2023
- Prince Salman bin Hamad Medal for Medical Merit for frontline professionals2021
- International Data Corporation IDC Award CEO catalysts of the year 2021.
- Global award for health pioneers from UAE 2019.
- Award was presented to women leaders in the legislative field. 2019 by Her Highness Sheikha Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa, Princess of Bahrain, and President of the Supreme Council for Women, in the celebration of the National Women’s Day.
- GCC leaders Award 2019 awarded by GCC ministers of Civil Service Bures.
- Medal of efficiency by his majesty the king of Bahrain In December 2011
- Awarded among women leaders in health by Her Highness Shaikha Sabika Bent Ebrahim Al-Khalifa the Princess of Bahrain and Chairperson of Woman Supreme council on the National Woman Day Celebration; in 2009
- Awarded by the regional office for eastern Mediterranean of the WHO the Anti-tobacco award of the region in June 2011Awarded by the prime minister among the leaders of Moharraq Governorate in 1990.