DR. MARIAM AL JALAHMA
Dr Mariam Al-Jalahma was appointed by His majesty the King of Bahrain, in 2015 as the Chief
Executive Officer of the National Health Regularity Authority in the Kingdom of Bahrain. She
is as a member of the supreme council of health in Bahrain, and is appointed by the prime
minister as a member in Academic accreditation Committee of the supreme council for
Higher education in 2016.
She was holding the position of Assistant Undersecretary for Primary Care and Public Health
until 2015, and was a member of the Executive Board of The Health Ministers’ Council for GCC
States until 2016.
A member of the Sura Council in 2000, and a member of the National Institute for Human
rights. Dr. Al-Jalahma worked as an advisor for the world health organization in the fields of
Adolescents and Non communicable diseases (NCDs).
Qualifications: Arab Board certificate in Family & Community Medicine in 1990
• Higher studies diploma in medical education from Dundee University in Scotland in 1994
– Diploma in Health Care Management from Royal college of surgeon in Ireland in 2000
Honorees & medals
– In December 2011 she was awarded an honouree medal of efficiency by his majesty the king
– In 1990 Awarded by the prime minister awards for leaders of Moharraq.
• In 2009 she was awarded by Her Highness Shaikha Sabika Bent Ebrahim Al-Khalifa the
Princess of Bahrain and Chairperson of Woman Supreme council the award of National
Woman day Celebration, the award is presented to women leaders in health.
In June 2011 she is awarded by the regional office for eastern Mediterranean of the WHO the
Anti-tobacco award of the region.
– Global award for health pioneers from UAE
GCC leaders Award 2019